For current uprisings:
Use # hashtag to search Twitter. Click on image below to see how it works.
Translation tool for above (you can enter a URL and it will translate the whole site
To use Twitter for this project, I recommend a few things:
1. Open a TweetDeck or HootSuite account to manage your streams
2. Click on links! You can't base your research on 140 character messages.
3. To find links to Facebook pages about unrest, keep an eye out for URLs that include fb like http://fb.me/UfDYEq3G BEWARE! This is the real world and there may be inappropriate content including violent images. Be responsible. Use Babelfish to translate.
As you probably know by now, you need to sign in to Destiny in order to access electronic resources like eBooks and websites. Be sure to click on the Digital Resources tab to locate materials. Remember, if the item is on loan, the loan period is only one hour, so check back in. Please close eBooks when you are done using them!
AppAlert! Destiny - very helpful! (IOS/Droid)
- Go to App Store
- Download Destiny Quest (Follett)
- Enter URL http://destiny.newcanaan.k12.ct.us
- Type in your personal NCPS log on user name and password
- ABC-CLIO - all modules, but pay close attention to Daily Life
- History Resource Center (AppAlert! Gale Access My Library)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (AppAlert! Gale Access My Library
- EBSCO (AppAlert! A little tricky to download. You have to visit on the computer first, log in and click on this link at the bottom of the page, send an email, then open the email on your IOS/Droid device, but it's a great app!)
Remember to start documenting your research on Day One! Sign in to Google Pass (@ncps-k12.org) to access your EasyBib account.